Our friends arrived last Sunday, Oscar night + sushi. I recommended my favorite touristic sites, as I won't get tired of going on the free ferry to Staten Island and taking some pictures of the tiny Statue of Liberty, going for a square pizza at Adrienne's located in Stone St, and seeing a beautiful sunset from Empire State Building. Small things like talking about whatever comes to my mind, having a great laugh and remembering about university years followed by a Cosmopolitan and some Belgium Frites from [House of Brews] were part of our week together.
We went to great places such as a restaurant named [MAS], where everything is carefully prepared with super natural and organic ingredients. We didn't go there because of its super natural point of view, but I'm sure that contributed to the perfect taste and balance all dishes had.
We went to a jazz concert at [Blue Note] in the West Village, an afternoon walk around Soho, got some chocolates at Kee's and a hot chocolate at Jacques Torres. I know, I will always recommend these places to my dear tourists! And to end up an super nice day, I met Stacey to celebrate the end of her Bar exam and later I met all Brazilians to celebrate Xande's birthday at [Yasuda], a delicious sushi and super friendly staff that happily accepted a super huge cake from Magnolia Bakery.
I wish I could have spent more time with my visitors, they're leaving this Saturday. Well, that's probably a common feeling every time someone comes and brings a warm air to - not so cold anymore - New York.
(*) "tio Sukita" is a well-known expression that came from a beverage add. A guy around his late 30s/early 40s tries to hit on a young girl, but she calls him a "tio", which means uncle. I used this expression as at that restaurant there where many old guys acting/dressed like in their 20s, but really on their 60s. My friend's suggestions were "silver fox" and "cradle-robber".
3 comments:
Ahhhhh...... fiquei com saudades e gostinho de quero mais.... Alguma chance de nos encontrar em Orlando em abril??? Bjocas. Ana Bo.
Acho que a gente devia convencer a Bo a ir antes para NY conosco, o q acha? rs...
Bjos!
Adorei os maravilhosos momentos que passamos juntos em NY!! É tão bom poder matar saudades das nossas conversas sempre cheias de risadas e diversão!!
Muito obrigada de novo pela hospitalidade e pelo carinho!! Espero poder visitá-los mais vezes! ^_^
Beijos,
Mid
Post a Comment