Aug 28, 2008

My (our) personal trainer experience

Felipe and I signed up for a gym. I'm not sure if he's worried about being a super stressed lawyer and wants to reduce this by exercising or if it was the love for his wife and the idea of spending time together. I want to believe in the second option. So the gym is not one of those fancy ones you imagine in nyc, but it's nice and across the street from home. They have good equipment and also a 25 yard pool so Felipe can exercise doing what he likes best. Signing up for one year gave us one personal session each and we went there this morning.

It is super nice to have someone watching you, counting - I'm so bad at counting while exercising, I am not able to remember where I was - and thinking what you should do next, grabbing the right equipment, right weight etc. It is worth every single penny, but it's just a huge amount of pennies we can't afford at the moment, but I never thought it would be so practical and motivating. If you hate exercising + you have some spare money, it's really something you should consider.

After that we went to a salad place called [Chop't]. Some days ago one of my friends asked me if we have found good restaurants. It's hard to say which one is not good. When we go for a walk around our neighborhood there is always an interesting corner, a different and exotic place that I want to try. Unfortunately I don't have enough meals per day to do so, but I think that it is one of the best things about New York. Felipe asked me today about where we would have lunch and my reply was "don't know, let's walk" and that's when we found this salad place.

First time you go there you will get lost with all the options they offer. It's basically "do whatever you want to do with your salad, add what you like, we'll mix it, chop it and add your favorite dressing". There is also a really good lemonade and tea (they can be combined or by itself) and you can take it to go, eat there or even ask for a delivery if you can't leave your office for a lunch break. Really? Yes, this might sound really crazy for some people, but it's a reality people from big cities know pretty well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the end, that's NY, every block has a million places to eat.

Ps: On the way back we saw a guy who was caught shoplifting being held on the ground by a security guard until police arrived, I guess that's also NY...

Anonymous said...

poxa, não tem nenhuma foto??
hehehe...

Unknown said...

Estou com a Lu, queremos fotos.

Parabéns pela inscrição na Academia. Também faço com um personal e é muito melhor e não te deixa na moleza.

Continuem firme, Felipe faça força para nadar, você gosta e é bom para tudo inclusive descarregar energia acumulada no escritório e você, Paula vamos em frente que atrás vem gente. Manda ver.
Boa sorte.
Beijos,

π said...

da próxima vez levo máquina fotográfica na academia para registrar o momento histórico...

ou vocês estavam falando das saladas?

Rachel A. said...

I have always wanted to try a personal trainer.....so that I would have to be accountable for exercising. I bet you will never go without a cool place to eat there.....or without live entertainment like the shoplifting incident you witnessed!!!

Marilia said...

Ué, deixei um comentário ontem e não rolou...
Que delícia ter tudo por perto e disponível, pena que sempre tem um preço a pagar. Nada é só bom ou só ruim, so let's step to the good side.
(é step mesmo não stick, plagiando uma música das Dreamgirls, step to the bad side...))
bjs

Anonymous said...

Que ótimooo!! Eu sou adepta 100% a essa vida de lifting weights! hehehe Com personnal entao...

Fotoooooos please!!! =)

p.s: pensei que a gente iria correr a maratona de revezamento do pao de açucar juntas...pena, mas vao ter outras!

beijaoo Din