Apr 7, 2009

Cherry Blossom in NY

We missed the cherry blossom season in Japan for a couple of weeks last year, but at least we were able to see for the first time some cherry flowers around California.

To be honest, I didn't hope I could do the same this year, but with a little help from Google, I found out that the [Brooklyn Botanic Garden] has a Hanami, in which people see and celebrate the bloom with Japanese food and art.


What surprised me was that high technology allows visitors to plan their visit to the Garden with a [Blossom Status Map]. Yep, it shows which trees have already flourished or not! That's definitely on my April/May to do calendar!


We'll go there when all green dots (buds present, but no petals showing yet) turn into purple dots (big, full flowers on the entire tree)! Let's hope for a beautiful weekend, blue sky and great pictures. And probably lots of people.

2 comments:

Marilia said...

Adoráveis!
Bjs floridos

Aldine Mizushima said...

Pa, feliz pascoa!!! muitos chocos pra adoçar ainda mais a sua vida. beijao