E desses reaproveitamentos de comida saem algumas coisas boas, outras nem tanto, mas o saldo tem sido positivo. Acho que o principal exemplo de reaproveitamento de restos é o yakimeshi. O Wikipedia me contou que significa arroz frito, mas ele é o "risoto" dos japoneses. Pega-se um pouco do arroz do dia anterior - algo que sempre se encontra na casa de um japa - e adiciona-se alguns ingredientes. Não tem segredo, é só usar a criatividade, mas geralmente se usa ovo mexido, algum tipo de carne (eu gosto de peito de peru ou presunto), uns vegetais a gosto picadinhos e vale de tudo, cenoura, tomate, pimentão, ervilha, vagem, cogumelos. E assim você joga tudo numa frigideira e coloca uma pitada do infalível shoyu. Fica balanceado, não tão gordo e econômico, carinhosamente apelidado de meshi-meshi pelo Fê.
E ontem eu resolvi fazer um jantar de restos. Peguei umas batatas do dia anterior e gratinei com o teco de gorgonzola que estava abandonado na geladeira. Tinha uns tomates e piquei, adicionei um outro teco de queijo (de um jantar de queijos e vinho), balsâmico e azeite para uma saladinha. E por fim peguei um abacate abandonado, acabei com o tomate e fiz uma guacamole. Simples, saudável e barato, sem sair de casa em busca de ingredientes.
Mas o auge do reaproveitamento de ingredientes foi a minha sobremesa. Faz um tempo eu fiz uma torta de chocolate e tinha uns tecos de chocolate que sobraram. Eu tinha que inventar algo com eles. Também tinha um cookie que a gente ganhou no Natal e uma paçoca do Brasil (sim, Dê, a que vc trouxe, a survivor!). Fiz uma farofinha com a bolacha e peguei umas berries que estavam meio sobrando na geladeira. Ok, ok, no Brasil não se teria berries sobrando na geladeira, mas pode ter morangos ou alguma outra frutinha acessível.

E aí eu lembrei de uma coisa meio moda por aqui que são as sobremesas em copinhos. Bem práticas, não exigem muita coordenação e ficam bonitas. É só colocar os ingredientes alternados em um copo baixinho. Como dá pra ver, eu também reaproveitei o copo do tour que fizemos na Sam Adams.
E basta usar a criatividade, quem sabe umas mexiricas, biscoito champagne, chocolate branco, cheesecake, oreo, resto de bolo, vale de tudo! Se alguém se aventurar ou tiver outras idéias, me conte!
(PS: dear non-Portuguese readers, Byron is back and should be translating this post soon. Until then, just enjoy these pictures!)
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Byron's translation
It's been a while since I last wrote about food. And yesterday I decided to do a few experiments with things that were here in the home cupboard. I love cooking and am a compulsive buyer of cookbooks, but mostly, I love reusing things, and as you know, not only in the kitchen. Not that I don't enjoy making a banquet for 20 people with different recipes and fine ingredients, but I really like to use things that are lying around, doing everything I can to avoid wasting food, as those that know me know that I prefer to put on weight (really?!?! - that was a comment left from Byron and I HAD to publish it, lol) and almost have an overdose of food before doing something active outside.
And from this reuse of food I get some good things, others not as much, but the sum total was positive. I thing that a great example of reuse of leftovers is yakimeshi. Wikipedia tells me that it means fried rice, but it is the Japanese risotto concept. Get yourself a bit of rice from the previous day - something that one always finds in a Japanese home - and add some ingredients. There is no secret, just use one's creativity, but generally one uses scrambled eggs, some type of meat (I like turkey breast or ham), some chopped vegetables and anything goes, carrots, tomatoes, peppers, peas, green beans, mushrooms. In this way, you throw in everything in the fridge and put a dash of infallible soy sauce. It's balanced, not too fat and cheap, affectionately named meshi-meshi (what would be the sound of mix-mix in Portuguese) by Felipe.
And yesterday, I was determined to make a dinner with leftovers. I got some potatos from the previous day and made a gratin with a piece of gorgonzola that was abandoned in the fridge. I had some tomatoes, which I chopped up, added another remaining piece of cheese (from a cheese and wine dinner), balsamic vinegar, and oil for a little salad. And finally I got an abandoned avocado, which I finished off with the tomato and made a guacamole. Simple, healthy and cheap, without leaving the house in search of ingredients.
But the high point of the reuse of ingredients was my dessert. A while back I made a chocolate cake and there were a few pieces of chocolate that remained. I wanted to invent something with them. I also had a cookie that we got at Christmas and a paçoca from Brazil (yes, De, it's what you brought, the last one!). I crunched some biscuits and got some berries that were kind of remaining in the fridge, but one can use strawberries or some other available fruit.
And then I remembered something sort of in fashion here, which is desserts in little glasses. Very practical, they don't require much coordination, and they're beautiful. You just place the ingredients in alternating layers at the bottom of a cup. As you can see, I even reused the glass from the tour we did at Sam Adams.
It suffices to use one's creativity, who knows some satsumas, ladyfingers, white chocolate, cheesecake, oreo, remaining cake, anything goes! If someone tries something or has other ideas, let me know!
2 comments:
Paulinha! Adorei o seu post...aliás, minha mãe é que ia adorar ler, ela é uma super reaproveitadora de comidas e vive fazendo Yakimeshi por esses motivos...!
Essa sua sobremesa ficou com uma cara mto linda, ótima idéia!!
bjinhossss, miss ya!
Nossa! Eu, pós 7 Voltas fiz leitura dinâmica, senão iria comer o site!!! kkkkkkk
beijos
Post a Comment