Jan 27, 2009

Day 3 - ONO

I had very high expectations about ONO and... I'll tell you what happened.

As Fê and I got there first, we sat by the bar and ordered 2 drinks while waiting for our friends. We were the only ones there and that emptiness was kind of surprising, but it didn't bother me having a personal waiter.

When our friends arrived we asked for our table. We added the 5th person last minute and we were surprised by no complaints. We got inside the restaurant and saw only 2 tables eating and everything else just empty. We chose - yep, we could choose! - a nice table and ordered the Restaurant Week menu. As we all ordered different dishes, we tasted a little bit of everything.

I know it all seems great (click on the menu and you'll see it better), but I really don't know what happened. My fish was good, but it didn't look tasty. My expectations were not matched at all and I left the restaurant with the feeling that I had spent too much money for what I had, putting ONO as my least favorite among all places we went during the Restaurant Week.

Surf and Turf


Warm Chocolate Miso Cake

It is such a pity, as it should be a great choice. Will I ever come back? I don't think so. New York has SO many options and lots of places I want to go that is it not worth it giving a restaurant a second chance.

2 comments:

Marilia said...

Engraçado como ninguém gosta de esperar em fila, mas restaurante vazio é meio deprê.
Bjs

Unknown said...

Olá, por interesse pessoal, me interesso pela volta do Byron.

Bjs