Dec 3, 2008

Rockefeller tonight

My plans for tonight!

[Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony]

The 76th Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony takes place on December 3, 2008 from 7-9 p.m. The annual event is televised and features musical performances from a variety of popular artists. Typically, the Radio City Rockettes perform and there are also ice skaters performing in the Rockefeller Ice Rink.


Update: Did I see the tree? Yes. Did it see the it lighting up? Live at home. I have never seen such crazy thing before in NYC, what makes me really happy about our decision of NOT spending New Years Eve night at Times Square, *$&%$* the falling ball. People go nuts, and I really don't get why. I was push towards a kid and I even got accidentally hit by an Asian guy, which got my little new-yorker monster out of its hibernating stage, saying bad Portuguese words for bad and ignorant people. I could barely get home walking (subway was totally intangible), did not see Fê that was just across the street, and took a huge detour as all streets were closed. Never ever ever ever again.

3 comments:

Marilia said...

Pense em mim, filme e tire fotos. Saiba que ADORARIA estar com vocês!!
Bjs

Anonymous said...

hahaha... tadinha!
Mas cuidado, pq assim como vc o asian guy poderia ser brasileiro! ;)
Bjos

Marilia said...

Que FRUSTRO!!!!!!
Peninha.
Bjs