So I know I've said it before, but I always think a city and touristic experiences change depending on people. Not only random people, as obviously NYC during summer time and in February is pretty different, but those traveling around with you. It happened many times to me, as when I was walking around
[Metropolitan Museum] with an expert in arts, when I walked in San Francisco around the same places for the fourth time, but with Italian girls and the city changed completely. You are never able to see the same stuff and talk about the same stuff. It might be a tiny store you didn't notice before, a girl and her ice cream that weren't there, anything.

So today I went to Times Square to meet Myrna. She is a friend of mine from Canada, she has been to Brazil once and I even took her to a Brazilian wedding of a close friend of ours. And she was here with some friends visiting the city 10 days after we moved in.

We went to the M&M World (oh, peanut butter, almonds, minis and dark chocolate), Hershey's Store, walked to Rockefeller Center, these really basic touristic spots in the city. But the energy, what we talked about and specially how long it has been since last time I saw her made it really unique. Oh, and the magazine I'm holding has an article she wrote. =)
5 comments:
always fun...
ps: Now with Internet access at home!
A delícia e riqueza das multiplas amizades.
Achei mais legal ainda v. tentar ver a cidade através dos olhos dela.
Beijos mil,
Que legal reencontrar amigos em NYC! Tenho certeza que foi maravilhoso reve-la!
beijos
Hiii Paula! I just saw your blog (hadn't checked it in a long time!) and I AM PART OF IT! yay!! thanks :) I hope you enjoyed the magazine, it was great to see you again.. I will send you the rest of our pictures right now!
BIG BEIJOS and thanks for all :)
Myrna
Heeey!!! Ahhh, adorei a foto na loja da Hershey's, porque eu tenho uma foto igual, hahaha!
Saudades de NY... um dia vou visitar vcs!!
Beijos!
Post a Comment