Oct 6, 2009

Thanks to LAN

I always say that visitors bring the best of our country to us, but this week they also brought a little bit from their own country. We had a blast with Andrea and Juan, our Chilean friends from Stanford that spent a week in NYC.


We had dinner at Natsumi, the best price/quality ratio I know in NYC for a Japanese restaurant right after they went to see Wicked. Later that week, we went for brunch at Pastis and a walk around Union Square.

Yesterday, I took Andrea to the Chelsea Market for a great cup of coffee and lunch. I was amazed by (once again!) Morimoto: you can have their pre-fix lunch for $24, the same price as Fig&Olive or that restaurant at the American Girl Place store. No need to say which one is my favorite! Very simple dishes, always with some ingredient that surprises you. I had a great cod fish and panna cotta with passion fruit jelly!

No comments: