My father-in-law sends us some articles from Brazilian newspapers. I know we have plenty of access to internet and could read any newspaper we want to, but I still think it's really nice to receive it by the mail, showing a thought someone had in that specific moment. I might be stuck in the past, where letters and phone calls are more meaningful than emails and text messages, and I still read better on paper than screen, but I don't mind sounding like an old lady.
One of those articles was about a different perspective of NYC, showing Brazilians a little bit about the daily and vintage Big Apple, if you have already been to Empire State, Metropolitan Museum and Central Park. It even mentions where the term Big Apple was first used: 1921 by journalist John J. Fitzgerald.
Some of my favorite places are listed in this article: Pastis and Balthazar - yes, obviously food was involved; it tells tourists a little bit more about Broadway world out of just very well known productions; the not so traditional Meatpacking district and its history from slaughter houses to fashion, nightlife and design.
There were several articles, all in Portuguese, and you can find them on the left hand side of my blog or on the [Estado de São Paulo] website, Section Viagens, April 14th 2009. Brazilian tourists, one more thing to check before visiting NYC!
May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Que simpatica!!
beijos carinhosos,
Ma
Post a Comment