There are some nice places here, some more popular than others. We all know that you can find Lindt and Godiva stores all around the city, but there are other sophisticated, exotic and fine chocolate stores. I've never been to [Max Brenner], just because I had forgotten about it, but it's marked as priority in my to do list. I love the [Jacques Torres] hot chocolate and cookies and [5th Avenue Chocolaterie] is also an extraordinary experience.

Today was a very unappropriated day to go for a walk as it was snowing a lot, but when it comes to chocolate I could almost face a Katrina coming in my direction. The snow did not defeated me and I made it to [Kee's Chocolates]. As you can read from her website, Kee was a very successful corporate woman that follow her passion for food and chocolates. She started to sell chocolates and flowers until the day Zagat rated her chocolates as the best they've ever had. No one before, and I believe no one has since reached a Quality Grade of 29 as she did.

Honey saffron, pistachio, passion fruit, creme brule, dark chocolate ad lavander
It was a nice surprise to find a tiny door from her Soho store. It is very modest and simple, but you can see all the fine ingredients and care she puts on her chocolates and it was a pity I didn't get to meet her. And no, I don't get free chocolates for writing about all these places. Unfortunately not.
1 comment:
hummmm
bjs
Post a Comment