Felipe really like this Indian place called [Baluchi's] close to his office, so a few days ago I went there to give it a try. I've eaten Indian food once before, and although I noticed it was very well prepared by one of our friends, I couldn't eat much due to its spicy-ness. I am not tolerant to spicy food, and it has nothing to do with my digestion, but with my mouth. I can't eat wasabi, pepper or curry in big amounts, I do understand that these ingredients bring the best of the food, taste and smell, but I just think that the reasonable amount to fully enjoy my dish is less than average people's.
Well, Felipe assured me that this place and one specific dish was not so spicy and that I could handle it. It indeed sounded delicious, something that reminded me of strogonoff, but with almonds and lamb. We also ordered another lamb dish with cardamon as I also like this specific spice (in this case, especiaria and pimenta are represented by the same word in English, but pimenta is also pepper).
Lamb Korma, Lamb Rogan Josh and Peas Pulao Rice
Everything went fine, and do not expect any reports of long times spent in the bathroom, as it never happened. Food was delicious and I really enjoyed it with about 3 glasses of water, but some hours later I felt as I had bitten a hedgehog (porco-espinho). Actually, as I had put it into my mouth and it suddenly released its thorns inside it. It seems not only I can't handle spices, but I do have some kind of an allergy!
3 comments:
é, eu tb não sou fã não... acho que deve ser algo das mulheres Camaras...rs
Já encontrei algumas vezes curry não apimentado e daí adoro, mas é só ter um pouco de spicy que já não rola
Bjos
ah, sim! eu sei fazer um "carê", que é um cozido japonês de legumes, carne e curry que não pega fogo a cada garfada!!
Post a Comment