Sep 19, 2008

Elite Squad = Tropa de Elite

"Tropa de elite opens Friday in Manhattan"

We first saw this movie months ago, when it was still not possible to legally find it here in the US. My sister in law brought it and I remember watching it during the road trip around the West Coast. It's an amazing film, but it is not rated R for no reason, due to some scenes with violence, guns and fear.

It's so nice to see Brazil becoming more and more popular like this. Not like so many pedestrians we hear in the streets, not that I don't like them, I'm a part of them, but it's just too regular. But seeing movies like [Tropa de Elite] and also [Blindness], the Ensaio sobre a Cegueira Movie directed by Fernando Meirelles around the world makes me believe that in that huge country there is indeed huge people and potential.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

quero mto ver Blindness!
Aqui estreiou dia 12, mas ainda não consegui ver...