Aug 18, 2008

From Starbucks...

...Yes, that's where I'm writing from. Internet connection (+ tv and phone) will only be installed on Saturday, so we bought one of those 1 month wi-fi access at Starbucks. It's literally across the street from our place, I got my espresso with a splash of milk and I'm here writing, as a New Yorker should do.

So days are pretty hectic and we still have only one bed, one shelf and a rug in the living room. Oh, and I forgot to mention the huge lamp Felipe got from Ikea, that was supposed to be a night stand lamp, but it's the size of a huge foot stool. Well, talking about Ikea, I have to say that you only buy that stuff if you are one third engineer. I spent about 3 hours setting that huge shelf + 2 doors + 2 glass doors. Not to mention that our belooooved delivery guy broke our coffee table glass into a million pieces AND our picture frame (one item wouldn't be enough), so we'll only get them next week.

Tomorrow we might get our dining table and 2 chairs (we bought 4, but they only had 2 for this week) so I should be able to study at home, but I can't really complain about studying here at Starbucks either, if there wasn't the beep beep from the espresso machine someone messed up with.

I'll post some pictures in the future from our apartment, when there is more than what we have now. Although it might sound that I'm going crazy with all this moving mess, I'm really not. Living in NYC was always one of my dreams and I have to say that we're having fun, taking the subway everywhere - and getting lost on a Sunday afternoon when there are constructions and lines were changed - shopping in Whole Foods and walking back with 4 huge bags and being able to get my favorite (Illy or not) espresso wherever we are.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Que bom, achei que ia ter q esperar uma semana para ter notícias...
Adorei as novidades via msn e blog!
Beijinhos!

Marilia said...

É o ninho se formando... Palhinha por palhinha, cadeira por cadeira...
kkkkkkkkkk
beijos carinhosos,

Rachel A. said...

its like you are carrie bradshaw writing her column, although i guess your posts aren't as explicit, haha!! i totally wish i was writing on my laptop in a coffee shop in new york!!!!!